Support Local Music & Win Prizes - The Top 5 Reasons To Become A Member Of Music Victoria!
Music Victoria kicks off their annual membership drive today - and we're here to give you 5 of the top reasons to become a member!
1. By signing up, or renewing your membership between March 15 and March 24, you'll be entered in the running to win a HEAP of exciting prizes worth over $5000! Check out what you could win:
- Acoustic guitar signed by Music Victoria drive ambassadors + starter pack including tuner, strings, capo and more
- One nights' accommodation for two at St. Jerome's The Hotel in a Luxe Plus tent
- 5 rehearsals at Wick Studios\Forte Mag advertising pack
- White Sky accounting 1 hour consultation
- Double pass to Face the Music
- Mountain Goat and Dixon's Creek Estate Wine party packs
- Sailor Jerry merch pack
- Vouchers for Polyester Records and Greville Records
- Free tix and food vouchers to The Corner, Northcote Social Club, Boney, The toff in Town, Revolver, Bennetts Lane Jazz Club, Karova Lounge (Ballarat), The Loft (Warrnambool) and The Barwon Club Hotel (Geelong)
- Double pass to LOW at Melbourne Recital Centre
- Double passes to Strung Out Fest, Frenzal Rhomb, Diesel, The Screaming Jets, Eagles of Death Metal and Cherry Rock Festival
2. As a Music Victoria member, you'll have access to a HUGE range of discounts.
From merchandise and rehearsal spaces, to vinyl manufacturing, airfares, accommodation and more! If you're a musician or take part in the music industry even a couple times a year - this membership is WORTH IT. There's even a dedicated travel booking portal within the Music Victoria website to make planning your travel a breeze.
There are 8 new music businesses offering discounts this year:
- Beat Magazine discounts on advertising rates
- Tone Deaf 10% off advertising rates
- Sensaphonics 10% off musicians earplugs
- Too Far Gone screen printing 10% orders on Gilden shirt orders > 50
- Greville Records discount
- Polyester Records 10% discount with cash, 5% with card payments (excludes gift vouchers + tickets)
- Spotted Mallard 10% off food + drinks, 10% off band bookings + free WiFi for band meetings
- St Jerome's - The Hotel 10% off your stay
3. Artists can get help developing their professional skills, with free entry to Music Victoria's monthly professional development workshop series.
If you're an artist looking to further your career and want to learn more about a wide range of topics, you'll have free access to monthly classes with topics like 'Hearing Health' and 'Tax Time' - along with many more!
4. Speaking of furthering careers, your Music Victoria membership includes discounts on entry to music industry conferences.
Have you been wanting to attend Face The Music or Bigsound for a while? Now you'll have a discount on entry to these two amazing conferences - meet industry professionals, network, and learn from stellar workshops and discussions offered.
5. Support an organisation that supports you!
By becoming a member, your fees help fund Music Victoria's efforts to protect and create opportunities for the music industry - including advocating for regulatory protection and grants for venues, as well as exemptions for small live music venues from the late night liquor licensing freeze. Benefit from the hard work of Music Victoria as they help to keep venues open.
Ensure Victoria has a strong independent voice to represent the music industry - in the long run, supporting Music Victoria supports YOU! So give yourself a helping hand (and win some cool prizes along the way) - become a member today.