Bluesfest 2020 Not Going Ahead This Easter
Today, Bluesfest heartbreakingly announced that their 2020 event cannot proceed.
Bluesfest Director, Peter Noble says: "It is obvious we will not be on this Easter. We are heartbroken as we believe we were presenting one of the best ever bills of talent for you. I was in discussions right through last week with every headliner - they ALL said they're coming as long as nothing occurred to prevent them from doing so. That is the level of commitment that our artists have, and I am proud of that.
I must now thank every one of you for supporting us. The emails and posts are deeply appreciated at this time. We are now working through how to move forward and to give you details. I thank you for allowing us enough time to get everything in place for the best possible outcome for everyone."
Bluesfest has lodged their claim with their insurers and are working through the process. Ticket account holders will be contacted as soon as possible and Bluesfest appreciate everyone's understanding and patience.
Please be aware that the current situation is unprecedented and Bluesfest has been told that insurers are inundated with claims and are doing their best to administer those claims in a timely manner. While there is no current timeframe offered, we'll be keeping you updated as more information is available.
For more information on how events you are attending may be affected, please visit the link below.
Statement Update: 19 March
Festival Director Peter Noble OAM declares Bluesfest 2021 is on!
"We will find a way to continue and present in 2021. I am a veteran; having been in this incredible industry since the 60s I have never experienced such a dire situation. As a premier event we need to present another Bluesfest not only for ourselves but also for the entire entertainment industry to see that there will be a brighter day, and that as an industry we will come back from this. We are humbled by the incredible response we have received by the outpouring of love from our ticket-holders, music industry and importantly from our local community.
We are in discussions with all the agents representing the artists who were due to play this Easter on what has been our greatest bill ever. Whilst we currently don't know 'who' all our headliners will be in 2021, we have received feedback from over 30 artists off this year's bill confirming they are ready to reschedule for 2021. Their level of support and goodwill is inspiring and I foresee a great event to come.
2021 will be the year for everyone who cares about the arts, music and the entire entertainment industry that we all love, to come out and show their support for each other. We call on our industry, the musicians, the agents and the managers to get in touch with us and help us show the solidarity of strength that we have as a combined force. We are all in this together, and together we will go on and get through these troubled times. Since the ban was announced last Sunday we have gone from having a deep case of the blues to presenting the blues for you again in 2021. This much we know.
Time is a healer and one day this will be behind us. It has not been easy and we are still in what is a lengthy process working out the details. Representatives from our insurance companies have advised that our claim is being processed and ticket refunds or the option to roll over to Bluesfest 2021 will be available soon. We will constantly keep our patrons updated in this area and thank them all again for the patience they have shown.
In the meantime we wish you all good health and to remain strong and positive in these very trying times. See you at Bluesfest."