CORONA presents SUNSET SOUNDS
KATE MILLER-HEIDKE w/ Special Guests
Sunset Events is pleased to announce the launch of its brand new instalment of intimate summer concerts 'Sunset Sounds' at recently announced venue & arts space; J-SHED.
Nestled behind the Fremantle Roundhouse with the picturesque Bathers Beach as backdrop, the outdoor concerts will see a high calibre of International, National and local talent presented in a carefully curated and programmed event series.
The concept behind the space was to create a unique beach concert experience currently not on offer; reflecting the relaxed Western Australian lifestyle, while complementing the lineup of talent with quality artisan foods and beverages. With the sun setting over the Indian Ocean it's the perfect place to get down early, grab a drink and enjoy the wares from some of WA's finest Food trucks.
Kicking things off in spectacular fashion we have our first three concerts ready and raring to go with Kate Miller-Heidke one of the first cabs off the rank.
Kate Miller-Heidke has spent the last year spreading her wings into new creative fields - like composing and starring in the Helpmann-Award winning opera The Rabbits, and filming her television acting debut in the musical mini-series The Divorce, airing on the ABC in December - and now she is keen to get back on the road to perform material of her own. Kate is thrilled to announce a tour of capital cities and selected regional centres in February and March next year.
Amongst all this activity Kate has been busy working on material for a new album, and plans to share some of those songs with her fans. Audiences can also expect to experience a piece from her acclaimed musical The Rabbits, a new cover or two, plus songs from her most recent record O Vertigo! - hailed by Rolling Stone Magazine as a "career-best album" - as well as earlier material from across her varied career.
Kate says, 'Playing live has always been at the core of what I do. It's been a while, and I'm itching to get on the road again. I have some slightly bent new songs I'd love to play, as well as revisiting some older stuff and a snippet or two from The Rabbits. I'm really looking forward to playing in these gorgeous venues before going into studio hibernation next year.'
Kate is also releasing a charity Christmas single, with all proceeds going to Bowel Cancer Australia. In the great tradition of Christmas duets, she has teamed up The Beards - acclaimed by many as the best facial hair themed comedy rock band in Australia, and proud advocates of all things hairy. Ever since Kate covered You Should Consider Having Sex With A Bearded Man on stage at the 2012 APRA Awards, and The Beards accompanied Kate on her Nightflight album tour, fans have been clamouring for a collaboration. (Well, technically, one person asked on Twitter). She invited lead singer Johann Beardraven, his trusty saxophone in hand, into the studio to make bearded, innuendo-laden magic.
Morgan Bain: 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ayla: 6:50 PM - 7:30 PM
Kate: 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Is an intimate, unreserved standing or sitting room only (depending on programming) venue. Please be aware that no picnic rugs, seating or food can be brought into the venue by patrons. We do however provide some mats that we spread out around the venue to sit on earlier in the evening.
Patrons need to be aware that for events that are advertised as 18+ a strict NO MINORS policy is in place. This includes babies.
A range of Food trucks are on site for all concerts.
We will have eftpos facilities available at the Bar and from some of the food trucks. There is not an onsite eftpos machine or cash out facility, so to be safe please treat this as cash event.
Access to the venue is strictly via the Whalers Tunnel or along Bathers Beach. There is no parking at venue or near Fleet St, please refer to below options for the best way to access JSHED.
By Bus/Train: Fremantle Station is an 8-minute walk away from J-Shed. The most convenient way to travel is via Transperth public transport. For information on routes, timetables and services contact Transperth's InfoLine on 13 62 13 or alternatively visit Transperth online.
By Taxi: We recommend you get dropped off is at the Round House on Little High Street in Fremantle and then walk through the Whaler's Tunnel underneath which will lead you to the entrance point of J-Shed. You can call Swan Taxis on 131 330 to arrange transport to and from this location.
Parking: Arthurs Head is an area well serviced by public car-parking, these car parks are either paid or free with varying timed durations. J-Shed patrons are recommended to park within the following areas:
- Fishing Boat Harbour Car Park - 461 spaces (B)
- Esplanade Car Park - 197 spaces (F)
- Queensgate Car Park - 850 spaces (J)
Please refer to the City of Fremantle Parking and Travel options map here. These recommended areas are all within walking distance (approx under 15 minutes).
18+ patrons - VALID PHOTO ID required. Only the following forms of ID are acceptable for entry to the festival under WA Liquor Licensing laws:
- a current Australian driver's license (international driver's licenses will not be accepted);
- a current passport;
- a current Australian learner's driver permit;
- WA Proof of Age Card;
- Proof of Age card or equivalent issued in an Australian state or territory;
- a current WA orNSWPhoto card;
- a Photo Card issued by any Australian State or Territory similar to the NSW/WA Photo Card.
- Picnic rugs, hampers and low chairs are NOT allowed
- No BYO drink or food allowed (SEALED plastic water bottles are permitted).
- Alcohol, animals (excluding guide dogs), glass, illegal substances, fires (of any kind), flares, fireworks, umbrellas, sharp objects (such as sharp knives) or anything that could be used as a weapon are not permitted.
- Small sized digital devices (phone, Go Pro, camera) are permitted but professional photography, video equipment and tape recorders are not allowed without promoter permission (i.e. any detachable lens, camera stands or any lens over 20cm).
- All bags will be inspected on entry by our friendly security staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
NO PASSOUTS are permitted due to Liquor Licensing laws. Once you leave J-Shed you will not be able to re-enter.
Excessive drinkers, illegal drug users or patrons displaying antisocial behaviour will be evicted (without refund) and dealt with by police.
- Activities such as moshing, crowd surfing, climbing and stage diving are dangerous and may lead to eviction from the event, without refund. Sunset Events accept no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry or service to any person failing to comply with the dress requirements.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any patron.
- Please don't drink and drive. Police may be breathalysing after the event so beware!
- No refunds or exchanges on any ticket except as required by and/or specified by the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter.
- Only tickets purchased from an authorised ticketing agent will be accepted on the day. It is a breach of the event terms and conditions of sale to on-sell tickets or purchase from an unauthorised third party, and it's at the customer's discretion if they chose to take the risks and purchase these potentially fraudulent tickets. J-Shed and moshtix will not be held responsible if these are deemed invalid for entry on event day, and no refunds or compensation will be given should customers wish to take this risk.
- SCALPER WARNING: the resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
- Lost tickets will not be refunded or replaced - please keep them safe.
- We play rain or shine. Cancellations due to weather will occur only in the event of dangerous conditions and will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The right is reserved to vary, add, withdraw or substitute artists where necessary. No refunds available in the event of a line-up change.
- No warranty is given nor representation made regarding the view of the stages.
- Persons attending the event do so at their own risk.
- Keep the site clean. Put your rubbish in the recycling bins.
- Please respect the neighbours by arriving and leaving quietly and please do not litter the streets surrounding the venue.
View all posts about J-Shed.
Sun 31 Oct 2021, 5.30pm | The Duke of George, WA
Celebrating new music releases from 2 of WA's finest songwriters more »Get Tickets
Fri 11 Mar 2022, 7.00pm | The Duke of George, WA
Unlikely, unexpected, unforgettable, unique, not to be missed! more »Get Tickets