Rhythm Section, Niche Productions, Rocket Bar
30/70 - 'Fluid Motion' Tour - Rocket Bar & Rooftop
With a newly announced Australian tour and their third album ‘Fluid Motion’ primed for late 2019, Melbourne’s 30/70 proudly usher in its contagious, second single ‘Backfoot’.
Characterised by loose, broken beat flutterings and rubbery groove, it’s yet more proof that the five-piece are poised to follow the likes of Hiatus Kaiyote in becoming Australia’s next big soulful, international export. ‘Backfoot’ flaunts Horatia Luna (bass) and Ziggy Zeitgeist (drums) at their finest; at once stringing together the hallmarks of Plastic People’s unmistakable Co-Op club night while stood firm in lucid soul territory.
Their most accomplished and promising body of work to date ‘Fluid Motion’ effortlessly shifts between neo-soul and languid, Dilla-esque tendencies, astral-facing jazz textures and authentic vignettes of UK club music history during its 13-track duration. What better way to set pace than with three minutes that exemplify that same cultured cross-pollination at the highest level.
The single also coincides with news of a six-date, nationwide tour commencing on November 9th in Perth and ending back home at Melbourne’s 800-capacity venue, The Corner Hotel.
‘Fluid Motion’ Tracklist Australian Tour Dates
1. Brunswick Hustle 8. Echoplex Nov 8 / Mojo's / Perth, WA
2. Addicted 9. Backfoot Nov 9 / Rocket Bar / Adelaide, SA
3. Fluid Motion 10. Crystal Hills Nov 15 / Oxford Art Factory / Sydney, NSW
4. N.Y.P 11. Impermanence Nov 16 / The Foundry / Brisbane, QLD
5. Tempted 12. Push and Pull Nov 22 / Sideways / Canberra, ACT
6. Reprise 13. Flowers Dec 7 / The Corner Hotel / Melbourne, VIC
7. True Love