Skinnyfish Music Presents
Barunga Music, Sports and Cultural Festival Tickets
3:00pm, Fri 7 June, 2013 - 12:00pm, Mon 10 June, 2013
Barunga Community, NT
This event has passed and sales are now closed
Barunga Music, Sports and Cultural Festival is the Northern Territory's pre-eminent Aboriginal community cultural event held on the Queen's Birthday long weekend. A celebration of music, sport, culture and community life.
Barunga Festival is the Northern Territory's pre-eminent Aboriginal community cultural and sporting event held on the Queen's Birthday long weekend. A celebration of music, sport, culture and community life.
Here are some things you need to know about coming to Barunga:
* Barunga is located 70kms south-east of Katherine on Central Arnhem Rd (sealed road, no need for 4WDs).
* Fuel is unavailable for sale at Barunga Community, make sure you fill up in Katherine.
* Barunga is a dry community, and the Festival is a strictly drug and alcohol free event. Please note there will be police checks on the road to Barunga and your car may be searched.
* Camping areas available in Barunga Community. Festival staff will direct you to these areas. If camping doesn't appeal there are hotel/motel options in Katherine (http://www.visitkatherine.com.au/)
* There will be a combination of portable and permanent toilets on site, but showering facilities are very limited. There is a beautiful (croc free) river to swim in!
* Barunga Festival 2013 has a healthy food policy. A variety of food options will be available at reasonable prices throughout the Festival. The Outback (general) Store in Barunga is incredibly well stocked and surprisingly affordable. Support the community by buying locally if you can!
* Entry fee valid for 3-day Festival (includes camping fees).
* Access from 3pm Friday the 7th June to lunchtime Monday the 10th of June.
* Wristbands will be issued at the gate and MUST be kept on for the duration of the Festival.