NIGHT MARKET | DAY OF THE DEAD, KALLIDAD, RECONNECT FESTIVAL
Create your best La Catrina makeup and follow the marigolds to NightQuarter for Día de los Muertos! As the boundary between our world and the spirit world dissolves, welcome the souls of the dead back for a night of food, drink and music. With a firebrand live show from mad mariachis Kallidad, roving Fridas and traditional food and drink.USC and NightQuarter will be hosting Reconnect Festival 2021. As well as reconnecting the community to the arts with a range of works on display from third year Creative Industries students, Reconnect will join Australia’s Mexican andFirst Nations peoples to celebrate intercultural understanding of life, death and rebirth. Along with a traditional Day of the Dead offering and ceremony by Jazmine Productions, local Gubbi Gubbi representative Lyndon Davis will do a smoking ceremony and a Welcome to Country. Patrons will also be able to participate in planting rituals, fire ceremonies, artwork activations and workshops. Throughout the evening there will be a range of music, performances, panel discussions, readings and artworks to enjoy.
5.30pm – 5.50pm Welcome to Country with Lyndon Davis and Gubbi Gubbi Dance
5.50pm – 6.45pm Day of the Dead Ceremony with Latin Jazmine
7.00pm – 7.45pm Leadership Panel “Rebirth and Regeneration” – Hosted by Rosanna Natoli with USC Vice Chancellor and President Helen Bartlett, Aunty Helena Goulash, Andrea Kirwin, and Elise Jione
8pm – 8.45pm Jamison
9.00pm – 9.45pm Jackson Family Band
ENCHANTED GARDEN LIBRARY
4pm – 5.30pm Busking
6.30pm – 7.00pm Anthology Launch – Madness In Bloom
7.10pm – 7.40pm Lightning Talk – “Fire, Rebirth, Sustainability”
7.50pm – 8.45pm Spoken Word Poetry
9pm – 9.45pm. Busking
4pm – 5.30pm Busking
6.30pm – 6.45pm Fire Performer
7:30pm – 9:30pm Kallidad
4pm – 5.30pm Flower Workshop outside Repair Lab
4pm – 5.30pm 6.30pm – 8.30pm. Until We Meet Again in the Repair Lab
4pm – 5.30pm | 6.30pm – 8.30pm. Live art mural painting
4pm – 5.30pm | 6.30pm – 9.30pm. Planting Ritual
6.30pm – 9.30pm. Fire Ritual (with NQ staff and Theatre Students)
A vintage carnival with dodgem cars, teacup ride, dodgem cars, photobooths for the perfect Instagram photo and jumping castle. Grab an Unlimited Wonder pass for unlimited rides throughout the night.
- This is a themed event in NightQuarter night markets. All that is required to attend is a night market entry pass. You can arrive at any time between 4pm-10pm and stay as long as you like!
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by a guardian. Children over the 12 can attend without a guardian but must remain 3 metres away from bars. Concerts in NightQuarter Live have event-specific age requirements- please check event classification.
- Concerts regularly run alongside the night markets. A ticket to the NightQuarter Live arena is required for access into our main stage precinct to see the act (the concert tickets include night market entry passes). The night markets run every Fri and Sat from 4pm-10pm regardless of concerts.
- If you cannot attend, online entry passes can be exchanged for alternate dates. Contact Moshtix Tix support or NightQuarter support to claim.
- We welcome all people-friendly dogs (one pet per adult in certain areas only on a leash... clean up all accidents!)
- We accept companion cards. Please contact Moshtix Tix support or NightQuarter support to claim.
- Bags are checked on entry. Sealed water bottles and children’s bottles can be brought in, all other bottles will be emptied and can be refilled at the bars.
- Entry passes are available here or at our front gate on arrival.
Covid Safe Venue
A condition of taking part in this event is that attendees must check in via the Check In Qld app. The safety and wellbeing of all attendees and workers is our highest priority.
NIGHTQUARTER MEMBERS - To claim entry passes on your desired NightQuarter dates ensure you are logged into Moshtix when claiming and exclusive tickets will be revealed to you (see blue banner above)
SEE HOW TO CLAIM MEMBERSHIP ENTRY TICKETS HERE
Wishlist is a not-for-profit charity dedicated to fundraising for the needs of the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.
Donate here or donate directly at https://wishlist.org.au/
Fri 3 Dec 2021, 4.00pm | NightQuarter - Sunshine Coast, QLD
Calling all Sunny Coast singers… have you got The Voice? more »Get Tickets