Barunga Festival 2021
An iconic event on the national festival calendar, Barunga Festival boasts a long and proud tradition of celebrating the best of remote Indigenous Australia.
Tickets no longer available online but will be available at the gate all weekend.
T-shirts will be available at Barunga Festival.
This much-loved Territory festival attracts a 4000-strong audience of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people from all over the world who descend upon the small remote community to camp and take part in a program of music, sport, traditional arts and cultural activities over the 3-day long weekend in June each year, welcomed by the traditional owners.
Barunga Festival has a strong history of showcasing the Katherine region and supporting remote indigenous communities to come together and celebrate the positive aspects of community life. Visitors of all ages are encouraged to join in the festivities and enjoy this unique opportunity to engage with a remote Indigenous community.
GURRUMUL YUNUPINGU FOUNDATION DONATIONS WELCOME
The Gurrumul Yunupingu Foundation's vision is to create greater opportunities for remote Indigenous young people to realise their full potential and contribute to culturally vibrant and sustainable communities.
For more information visit: www.gurrumulfoundation.org.au
Checkout our new Barunga Festival t-shirt design!
Available in Adult and Kids sizes
Light weight, 150 GSM, 34-singles
100% organic combed cotton (marles 15% viscose)
**T-shirts purchased through Moshtix are to be picked up at the information tent at the festival.
REQUEST FOR ALL VISITORS TO HELP US KEEP BARUNGA COMMUNTY COVID SAFE
- Practice physical distancing by keeping 1.5 metres between you and a person not known to you and keeping close contact to under 15 minutes
- Practice hand hygiene by washing your hands or using hand sanitiser
- If feeling unwell stay home
- Downloading the NTG The Territory Checkin COVIDSafe App.
If you are sick and think you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you should call 1800 490 484 to discuss and receive advice about the need for an appointment.
If the advice is to have a COIVD test, you must isolate away from other people until you receive a negative result.
NB Covid testing requires an appointment from the Hotline. 1800 490 484
If your symptoms are serious and you require urgent medical assistance you should present to St John’s First Aid.
Do Not present to Barunga Clinic in person.
COVID SYMPTOMS INCLUDE
· A recent, acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
· A fever (37.5°C or higher) or history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills)
· Loss of smell or loss of taste.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Before you attend our event:
• Do you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms? If yes, please stay at home.
• Have your travelled from interstate in the last few weeks, or are you planning on travelling from interstate? Visit coronavirus.nt.gov.au to find out if you are affected by travel restrictions.
• If you are travelling from interstate, visit coronavirus.nt.gov.au to complete an online Border Entry Form before arrival.