Soundwave 2015 Could Start In Adelaide

Written by Nastassia Baroni on 16th May, 2014

Soundwave 2015 Could Start In Adelaide

Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah has warned prospective punters not to book their flights and accommodation in anticipation of the 2015 event just yet, as they are currently considering the possibility of moving around the cities schedule and possibly kicking off the festival in Adelaide.

The announcement was made via Twitter today, Maddah telling his followers “we are currently exploring the option of moving SW cities & maybe starting in Adelaide so as to avoid Clipsal.” The Clipsal 500 is Australia’s largest domestic motor sport event.

The promoter also said they wanted to “avoid the Gift Show at Sydney Showgrounds” and warned Soundwave fans to “NOT book flights & accommodation til further notice.” The news is sure to please Adelaide fans as until now the festival’s chances of returning to the city of churches remained in question.

Maddah had previously expressed hope of Soundwave returning to Adeliade in 2015, despite this year’s disappointing ticket sales, but had yet to confirm it. When asked by one shrewd Twitter follower today if the news means that Adelaide will get some extra Sidewave shows, Maddah replied simply, “Yes”. He mentioned Brisbane may get more sideshows as well.

Adelaide band Tracer may be in consideration for the lineup, but told one follower he was not interested in setting up a separate local stage at the festival. “I’d rather spread Aus bands through the lineup and stages so they’re not isolated and can network w OS bands,” he wrote.

Maddah previously suggested that the festival would again start on the last weekend of February, with Melbourne being held on a Saturday. This could mean we’ll see an Adelaide kick-off on Friday, 20th February before the festival moves to Melbourne for the Saturday, though no dates have been confirmed at this stage.

It was previously suggested that Soundwave may be denied access to Adelaide’s Bonython Park next year after the festival was forced to forfeit a $10,000 bond after Adelaide City Council received excessive noise complaints from locals.


FOR MORE MUSIC NEWS CLICK HERE

Sell tickets with moshtix!

Subscribe to the weekly moshguide!

  • Please enter a valid email address

Recommendations