CHECK OUT THE LATEST
Legendary Australian hard rock band AC/DC are getting ready to split up and announce their retirement, according to new reports.
Veteran show business commentator Peter Ford told 3AW radio earlier this morning, “My information is we may never hear them perform or record EVER again,” and said he is looking into the rumour.
Earlier this year, in an interview with US radio station 98.7 The Gater, lead singer Brian Johnson revealed that although the group had denied rumours of their plans to record due, to one of their members struggling with illness, they were set to lay down some new material this year.
“One of our boys was pretty ill,” he said, “We didn’t like to say anything, and we’re very private about things like this, so we didn’t wanna say anything. But I think we’ll be going in the studio in May in Vancouver.”
But Ford told 3AW this morning that the tour may not ever go ahead. “The suggestion is being put to me that tour will never happen and we will never see AC/DC perform again or record again,” he said.
A source who identified himself as “Thunderstruck” told 3AW sister station Perth’s 6PR‘s Rumour File this morning, “Malcolm Young has moved back himself and his family back to Australia, he’s very, very ill, and that AC/DC may well be history.”
“Thunderstruck” told the hosts that his information came from “a good friend of Brian Johnson” and “a friend of Malcolm Young’s son, Ross.” The rumour has not at this stage been verified by the band’s management.
The legendary rockers first formed in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young, and are one of the highest-grossing bands of all time.
Earlier this year it was reported that AC/DC are planning on returning to the recording studio sometime in May, while also anticipating a tour of 40 concerts in celebrating of their 40th anniversary in 2014.
More exclusive info on the end of AC/DC after 8 on @3AW693
— Peter Ford (@mrpford) April 14, 2014
— 2DayFM Breakfast (@2dayFMbreakfast) April 14, 2014