Frontier Touring, Handsome Tours & triple j present
The xx Tickets
5:30pm, Sat 20 January, 2018
Sydney - The Domain, NSW
This event has passed and sales are now closed
with special guests: Kelela and KUCKA
This is an 18+ event, minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
KUCKA: 6:45 - 7:15pm
Kelela: 7:45 - 8:30pm
The xx: 9:00 - 10:30pm
Please note: times are approximate and subject to change without notice
Fresh from playing to a packed amphitheatre as Splendour In The Grass headliners, Frontier Touring, Handsome Tours and triple j are thrilled to announce that British indie trio The xx will return to Australia in 2018 for an East Coast headline tour.
The xx will treat audiences to their unique dreamy sound in stunning outdoor venues in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney next January, joined at all shows by special guests Kelela and KUCKA.
The xx are Romy Madley Croft (guitar, vocals), Oliver Sim (bass, vocals) and Jamie Smith (beats, MPC, production), also known as Jamie xx. Their latest Mecury prize nominated release I See You (out now through Young Turks) incorporates all three members' talents into a new version of their sound, one true to their roots but richer and more varied. 'Performance' and 'Brave For You' echo the classic The xx sound with 'Dangerous', 'Say Something Loving' and 'On Hold' allowing producer and DJ Smith (AKA Jamie xx) take more control of proceedings than previously. Icy synthesisers meld with distorted guitars, creating an advanced electro-pop experiment mixed with indie rock and R&B.
Supporting The xx at all shows as a very special guest will be American, singer-songwriter Kelela. Her 2013 debut mixtape Cut 4 Me is one of the most distinctive sounds in dance music, a mutable hybrid of house, electro, R&B and hip hop. Kelela continued to produce hits 'Rewind' and 'All The Way Down' on follow-up EP Hallucinogen. The electro-influenced soul-singer's highly-anticipated debut studio album Take Me Apart is set for release this October (through Warp), listen to first single 'LMK' here.
We are pleased to announce that KUCKA will be joining Kelela as a support on The xx's East Coast tour kicking off in Melbourne this Saturday (13 Jan). Hailing from Perth, KUCKA's addictively ethereal electronic-pop has taken her around the globe in a whirlwind 18 months, leading to collaborations with Flume and Fetty Wap, and live supports for Vince Staples, NAO, Mura Masa and Mount Kimbie.
The xx have partnered with PLUS1 so that $1 from every ticket purchased will go towards local LGBT+ programs in each city of the tour. Visit plus1.org for more information on the organisation.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
For full conditions of entry please got to: www.frontiertouring.com
- This is a licensed event. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Any bags larger than 30x30x30 are prohibited and must be cloaked at owners expense before entry
- No pass outs
- All patrons must have a valid ticket. The promoter reserves the right to refuse entry if your ticket was purchased from an unauthorised outlet or is damaged or defaced.
- Disruptive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Intoxicated or disorderly patrons will be evicted from the venue without refund
- You may be filmed or photographed at the event & footage/images may be used, replicated or published by the promoter or artist for promotional & other purposes.
- Please respect the neighbours and residents whilst enterting & exiting the event: keep noise to a minimum & place rubbish in allocated bins
- All bags and patrons may be subjected to search by security
- Prohibited items will be confiscated
- Any patron found carrying illegal substances will be referred to the police
- Any patron found with any of the below items may be removed from the site without refund or recourse at the sole discretion of the promoter and/or security staff
- Backpacks and any other carry bags larger than the approved size of 30cm H x 30cm L x 30 cm W
- Weapons of any kind, including any item that can be used as a projectile
- Alcohol or illegal substances of any kind
- Cans and bottles of any sort (sealed clear plastic bottles of water no larger than 1 litre excepted)
- Liquids including but not limited to accelerants, e-cigarette liquids, hand sanitiser, perfumes/ fragrances
- Cameras with a detachable lens, telephoto lens or a lens that extends more than 5cm from the body of the camera. Flash photography is not permitted.
- Recording devices including iPads / tablets or any mobile phone measuring greater than 9 inches
- Chairs, bean bags, inflatable chairs or lounges, tents, sun shelters, eskies, hard cased cooler bags
- Chains and any studded or spiked wrist / neck bands/ studded belts, shoes or other apparel.
- Glow sticks and other such illuminating objects
- Selfie Sticks/Go-Pro Sticks / Monopods or Tripods
- Bicycles, skateboards / skates , boogie boards, milk/bread crates, water pistols
- Banners, posters, flags (no poles) or signs larger than 30cm x 30cm (content must not be offensive in nature)
- Drones and or other remote controlled devices
- Megaphone, horns, trumpets, sirens, whistles or any type of noise making devices
- Fireworks, flares or sparklers
- Laser Pointers, permanent marker / felt type pens, scissors or aerosol canisters
- Chewing Gum
- Flyers, stickers or any other promotional material not authorised by the Promoter.
- Motorbike helmets, balaclavas or (non-religious) face coverings
- No food to be brought in to the event. Food is available on site.
- Animals (excluding service animals)
And any other item determined by the promoter, venue, management or artist to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance that would distract, obstruct or interfere with the artist performance, or jeopardise public safety.
Discretion in regard to prohibited items lies solely with the promoter and/or event security staff. Any decisions made by them in relation to the above is final.
PLEASE, WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO UITILISE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO GET TO THE SHOW!
- Train: exit via St James, Martin Place or Circular Quay
- Ferry: walk to The Domain from Circular Quay
- Bus: for timetables, maps and trip planning visit transportnsw.info
To facilitate easier patron access and parking in the vicinity, please note the following traffic changes will occur:
- Road Closures
Police managed road closures will take place on event egress from 22:00-23:00. Road closures are St Mary's Road from Prince Albert Rd to Sir John Young Cres; Prince Albert Road from College St to Art Gallery Rd; Hospital Road from Art Gallery Rd to Shakespeare Place; Art Gallery Road from Hospital Rd to Mrs Macquaries Rd, Cathedral Street at
St Marys Rd. Emergency access granted at all perimeter road closures, with managed access to Hospital Rd and Art Gallery Rd for emergency vehicles if required.
- Parking Restrictions
Limited metered parking is available on Mrs Macquaries Road and the Domain Carpark (operated by Interpark).
For prices visit:www.domaincarpark.com.au
- Drop Off Zone
A drop off zone will be operational on event day on Hospital Road near the corner of Art Gallery Road.