CHUGG ENTERTAINMENT, XIII TOURING, SPA AND TRIPLE J present
COLD WAR KIDS with Special Guests Cabins Tickets SA
7:30pm, Thu 1st August, 2013
The Gov, SA
This event has passed and sales are now closed
Los Angeles four-piece Cold War Kids elevate their passionate take on indie rock with their emotionally-raw fourth album Dear Miss Lonelyhearts.
Formed in 2004, the band's breakthrough debut Robbers & Cowards was released to considerable acclaim in 2006. The darker Loyalty To Loyalty followed two years later, and 2011's Mine Is Yours introduced deeper anthemic qualities to the eclectic group's catalog.
Dear Miss Lonelyhearts, which features the rollicking, energetic single "Miracle Mile", is Cold War Kids' first release with former Modest Mouse and Murder City Devils guitarist Dann Gallucci, who also handled its production alongside Lars Stalfors.
"We were shaken up, ready to let certain songs go further than before by trying new styles and arrangements, while keeping others sparse and caring more about the finished product and less about how we got there," explains frontman Nathan Willet about the ten-track album, which was recorded at the band's private studio in San Pedro, CA.
Dear Miss Lonelyhearts is out now.
Cold War Kids on Letterman "Miracle Mile"
Purchase tickets online before Monday 29 July and go in the draw to win a copy of Dear Miss Lonelyhearts!
Terms and Conditions;
- The Competition Commences on Tuesday 23 July 2013 at 09:00 AEST and concludes on Monday 29 July, 2013 at 23:59 AEST - "the Competition Period".
- In order to enter the competition entrants must purchase a valid ticket to Cold War Kids performing at The Governor Hindmarsh on Thursday 1 August 2013 during the competition period to be in the draw to win a copy of the Dear Miss Lonelyhearts CD by Cold War Kids.
- One valid entrant will win 1 x copy of the Dear Miss Lonelyhearts CD by Cold War Kids valued at $20.00.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Winner will be drawn on Tuesday 30 July, 2013 and notified by email within 24 hours of judging
- Prize will either be available for collection at The Governor Hindmarsh on Thursday 1 August 2013 or posted to the winner by the Event Organiser.
Other events you may like
JAMES SQUIRE PRESENTS
CRAFTING THE BLUES
By Ian Gerrard, 17th July, 2014
James Squire would have known all about the blues. Maybe not the actual style of music - the twang, the bottleneck slide, the pentatonic scale; those distinctive elements hadn't been...